Update on Municipal Fields and Rec Spaces
- Published: July 03 2020 16:09
STELLARTON, NOVA SCOTIA – In June, the province of Nova Scotia announced the easing of some restrictions within the province. With the gathering limits increased, there has been some confusion as to what activities can and can’t take place on municipal green spaces.
Please read the following clarifications prior to using a municipal space:
1. Groups of 10 or less may gather without physical distancing, groups of more than 10 (but less than 50) may utilize the spaces but must ensure physical distancing at all times.
2. Sports teams governed under a provincial body must adhere to the regulations provided by their associations approved plans; “pick-up” teams or teams without a provincially approved plan are recommended to follow the same regulations as those with approved plans for the same sport.
3.As per provincial orders, no team or sport shall partake in games or competition of any sort. Practices and skills training are allowed at this time but must book field time with the Town prior to practicing.
4. To utilize a municipally owned park or field, users must submit a booking request to confirm your space and time prior to using the green space. Rental forms can be found here: Stellarton Field/Park Booking
5. Open spaces with permanent equipment, benches, picnic tables, etc., may not be sanitized as regularly between users. Users are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer when using these areas.
As we continue to navigate these difficult times, we appreciate the patience and understanding of you all.
Please continue to be vigilant in your health and safety practices like physical distancing and washing your hands more frequently. With your help, we will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safer.