Community Emergency Measures
The Town of Stellarton is a member of a Regional Emergency Measures Organization (REMO) with the Town of Westville, Town of Pictou , Town of Trenton, Town of New Glasgow and the Municipality of Pictou County to provide a cooperative and coordinated approach to municipal emergency planning in Pictou County.
Visit www.remopictoucounty.ca for local contacts, updates, and resources.
“Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) is the name applied at both provincial and local areas to the organization designated with the responsibility for coordination of: emergency planning; provision of selected emergency resources, emergency planning and response training and education; allocation of emergency funds; and coordination or control of emergency response as required.”
Emergency Preparedness sites and emergency information:
- Regional Emergency Measures Response Plan
- Pictou County Regional Emergency Management Organization
- 3 hour - 72 hour emergency plan (40 KB)
- Prepare an Emergency Kit for Your Home and Car
- Government of Nova Scotia Emergency Management Office
- Nova Scotia Power / Power outage map
- Canadian Red Cross
- Environment Canada
In the case of an emergency residents can contact the Stellarton Police/Fire Dispatch at 902-752-1111