UPDATE #4: COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
- Published: March 31 2020 10:46
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 31, 2020
STELLARTON, NOVA SCOTIA – As we continue to adapt our lives during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been continuing to adjust Town protocols. This is to ensure optimal safety for both Town staff as well as for Town residents.
The latest updates are as follows:
1. As a result of the Town Hall closure to the public, we have stopped accepting in-person payments for bills. Payments can still be made at the bank, via mail, or using online banking services.
- The Town of Stellarton will be waiving interest charges for water and taxes for the month of March. Additional measures may be re-assessed in the coming weeks.
2. Additional measures have been taken to ensure that recreational facilities and spaces, including parks, playgrounds, and dog parks, are not being used during this time.
- As per Provincial guidelines, the Town has closed all recreation areas to the public. These areas have many high-touch zones that may not be sanitized regularly and may cause unnecessary spread of COVID-19.
- Individuals that do not comply are subject to police issued fines.
3. Police are adjusting their practice from educating the public on provincial orders to enforcing provincial orders.
- The changes in provincial orders have been a learning curve for us all, but at this time, the public should be well aware of safety precautions like physical distancing and self-isolating.
- Police will be strictly enforcing the orders laid out by the province. Failure to comply with those orders will subject individuals to police issued charges.