UNSM E-Bulletin Nov-Dec 2017 Issue - Vol 13 #6
- Published: January 17 2018 14:29
Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities
REBRANDING UPDATE – We are still the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities. The Board continues to work on the rebranding initiative, including work on the name, logo and website. When all is ready, there will be a formal launch date.
In this issue:
- President's Activities
- Happy Holidays—Office Closed between Christmas and New Year’s—Re-opening on January 2nd, 2018
- UNSM Board Report—November 7, 2017
- UNSM Board Report—December 1, 2017
- Upcoming Workshops/Events
- Financial Management for Elected Officials – January 11-12, 2018,
- Financial Management for Staff - January 18-19, Halifax. Click here for more information.
- FCM’s Sustainable Communities Conference - Feb. 6-8, 2018, in Ottawa.
- The Atlantic Active Transportation Summit - May 23 - 24, 2018, in Halifax.
- Provincial Issues--November-December 2017
- Parental Accommodations for Municipal Elected Officials
- Cannabis Update
- Accessibility Update
- Doctor Recruitment Update
- Tourist Accommodations
- Federal Issues
- Smart Cities Challenge Overview
- Building Communities through Arts and Heritage (BCAH)
- Submission to Minister Morneau regarding Municipal Costs Arising from the Legalization of Cannabis