COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
- Published: March 16 2020 12:00
STELLARTON, NOVA SCOTIA – The Coronavirus pandemic has become an increasing issue for Nova Scotia and globally. The health and safety of Stellarton residents, staff, and visitors are of our highest priority. With the growing concern of COVID-19, the Town of Stellarton is implementing procedures to help minimize the spread of this disease.
Please be advised of the following safety precautions:
1. Stellarton Town Hall will be closed to the public effective immediately. Town Staff will be available to answer calls and provide the best course of action for individuals. Residents are encouraged to call ahead with questions or concerns (902-752-2114). The Town will be accessible through the buzzer system located at the front of Town Hall for essential services. We kindly ask that all non-essential concerns are either phoned or emailed at (). Bill Payments: We are encouraging individuals with the means to do so to please make payments online through banking. If you need to enter the building to pay, you can still do so by ringing the buzzer. Please do not do so if you are feeling ill, or you have been recommended to self-isolate.
ALL General Inquiries can be made by calling (902)752-2114 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
After hours: (902)752-6160
2. The Stellarton Police Department will be accessible to the public by the use of the buzzer system located at the front of the Town Hall building located at 250 Foord St. Police will still be responding to calls at this time and encourage the public to call ahead with their concerns (902-752-6160). All non-essential police services (such as criminal record checks) will not be provided at this time.
3. The Stellarton Fire Department will be closed to the public effective immediately. The Fire Department will still be responding to calls as normal. If you need emergency assistance, please call 911. All bookings for the public have been cancelled for the next two weeks and will be reassessed at that time.
4. The Community Centre located on Leo Fahey Way will be closed as of 5pm today, March 16. All scheduled meetings and events for after this time will be cancelled.
5. The Public Works Department will be operating as per usual, however, will be limiting their exposure to the public.
6. Public Council Meetings- Council and Committee of the Whole meetings will still go ahead at this time, however, will be closed to the public. Meetings can still be viewed via Livestream at https://bit.ly/2QjIBTY If there are concerns or issues you would like Council to address, please contact (902) 752-2114 or via email at . Please continue to monitor the Town’s social media for any changes to these meetings. All other meetings are cancelled at this time.
These decisions coincide with the recommendations by the Government of Nova Scotia and will be reassessed on an ongoing basis.
The Town of Stellarton will continue to post and share updates from the Government of Nova Scotia and the Nova Scotia Department of Health & Wellness as they become available. We encourage everyone to be vigilant of the information they are reading and sharing regarding COVID-19. The most accurate and up-to-date information can be found at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.
Please be conscious of your actions, ask questions, help others if you are able, and wash your hands. If we all take preventative measures to reduce the spread of this highly contagious disease, we’ll have a safer community for all.
For more information: