UPDATE #5: COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
- Published: May 04 2020 14:59
STELLARTON, NOVA SCOTIA – As we continue to adapt our lives during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been continuing to adjust Town protocols. This is to ensure optimal safety for both Town staff as well as for Town residents.
The latest updates are as follows:
1. Town Hall is back to operating Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Town Hall remains closed to the public.
- In-person bill payments will not be accepted. We encourage those who can to utilize online banking, mail-in payments, or make payments at your financial institution.
- Calls can still be made to Town Hall during operating hours at 902-752-2114, outside of office hours at 902-752-6160.
2. Municipal recreation spaces and trails are open to the public.
- Playground equipment is still closed for use. These are high-touch zones that may increase the spread of COVID-19.
- Physical distancing measures must be followed when using these common spaces; 6ft or 2m apart, no gatherings of more than five people, and use common sense (if there are lots of cars around, go somewhere else, etc.).
Please be conscious of your actions, ask questions, help others if you are able, and wash your hands. If we all take preventative measures to reduce the spread of this highly contagious disease, we’ll have a safer community for all.
These are difficult times, but there are a number of resources available to help you manage: - Domestic Abuse (24/7 Service): 1-855-225-0220 - Mental Health Crisis: 1-888-429-8167 - Kids Helpline: 1-800-668-6828 - Mental Health & Addictions: 1-855-922-1122